Sunday, February 14, 2021

Sewing Sunday Week 7

My laptop has been having problems for the last year and it finally gave it up Thursday. The upside is that I have spent more time sewing than being online since then and got quite a bit done. My new laptop won't be delivered until the first week in March, then there is the learning curve, so I may be a bit scarce for awhile.

We are still having unusually cold weather here with freezing rain and ice, and now rolling blackouts. Our part of the country seldom gets snow or ice so aren't equiped to deal with it. We are advised to stay home and off the roads and Hubby and I are doing just that. Thank goodness he can work at home for the next few days until this is gone. Meanwhile, we have learned that everything they say about mini-split heat and air is true. It's great in hot weather and lousy in cold weather. I plan on spending the day upstairs in my sewing area because it is warmer there.

Despite, the computer problems that wasted many hours this week, I got in some stitching every day, finished a quilt, and have made progress on others. I used several yards of fabric this week and wasted a bit too. After carefully making sure I had the fabric facing the right direction and the pattern on it was straight, I cut it out and then noticed that the pattern was upside down. Groan. I'm happy to say that I haven't bought any fabric this year and have managed to find everything I've needed in my stash so far.

Here are my reports for the week. Check out the links under it to see what others are up to.


Linking to:
15 Minutes to Stitch at Life in Pieces
Sunday Stash at QuiltPaintCreate


4 comments:

  1. Great usage! Even with central heat, cold is cold. February is one of those months we just tolerate with the thought that spring will follow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Computer problems are the pits. I hate it. I lost photos this year because of a computer problem. :( You can do it when it arrives. You are the boss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on good progress, even though the reason for it is not so hot - ha, ha. I hope you have a fireplace somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been doing well on both the stash and stitching management. The news from Texas is pretty grim. We've been asked to keep our heat at 68 F, which sounds warm, but it's not when is -14 outside. At least we have power and heat. Hopefully you do too.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.