Sunday, February 21, 2021

Sewing Sunday Week 8

I've been working on the Scrappy Pinwheel this week and have all the blocks put together. Today, I played around with a border idea. I haven't decided if I like it though. I think a border with alternating strips of red, white, and red again would look good, but I don't have any reds and buying fabric defeats the purpose of using up scraps, so this is my second choice. Borders are always my stumbling block.



My February One Monthly Goal was to have all the blocks quilted, and that is done.  Yay!  Now I just remember to link this to the OMG linkup when it is posted.

Between this and cross-stitch, I sewed every day this week. Hubby doesn't have excel on this laptop, so I don't know what that does to my yearly success percentage.

I used 3/4 yard of fabric this week finishing the scarf bibs and didn't add any fabric. My totals for the year are Fabric In: 0, Fabric Out: 10.25 yards.

Linking to:
Oh Scrap! at Quilting is More Fun than Housework
15 Minutes to Stitch at Life in Pieces
Sunday Stash at QuiltPaintCreate
Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts

10 comments:

  1. I like the scrappy border a lot! I'm trying to use up what I've got here too, but it will probably take 50 more years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scrappy border works. Red might have been too much of one color, even in squares like you have it in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how your blocks went together! That looks like a neat way to do it. I am not good at choosing borders either, but your scrappy idea looks good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is a wonderful string project - I really like the quilting you have chosen

    ReplyDelete
  5. The scrappy borders looks perfect, great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a nice looking quilt. I don't dare do a stashbuster this year because then I would have to claim how much fabric I bought this year. Oops.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your border idea, even better it uses up more scraps. Congrats on all the stitching time this week. Hope you are warm, dry and have water. It's been one heck of a week on the weather front.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is coming along beautifully. Let me know if you want an envelope of red scraps... tell me the desired widths as I use red a lot! You've done really well using up scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your second choice for border and think it looks just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.