Tuesday, February 9, 2021

To Do Tuesday #79

Today is the last To Do Tuesday at Home Sewn by Us. Chris from Chrisknits is going to take it up next week, so the lists will continue. Thank you to both Roseanne and Sue for starting it and Chris for continuing it!

I have been quilting Jacob's Ladder this week and that is all I've done except some cross-stitching to relax my shoulder. I wanted to have it finished by now, but dragging that quilt through my sewing machine and holding it up so it doesn't pull the stitches is killing my shoulder and I can only do it for short bits of time. So last week's goals are not done, not a single one.

Repeat Goals for February 9, 2021

  • Make six more scarf bibs
  • Finish quilting Jacob's Ladder
  • Rip out the stitching from one pinwheel block so I can reuse the backing
  • Quilt the string block on the new square in a square block

  • This list may be too ambitious, considering how long it is taking me to quilt Jacob's Ladder. But it's easier to keep up with projects if I don't take it off the list.

    Linking to:
    To Do Tuesday at Home Sewn by Us

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marti! Oh yes, I can just feel the tension in your shoulders. How big is your Jacob's Ladder quilt? Can you find some other surfaces to help support the weight of the quilt? A folding table, a high stool, anything that you can fit nearby will do. I use a clamp to keep half of the quilt from moving about as I quilt. It's a clamp that I picked up just for quilting so it's nice and clean but it works really well in keeping the quilt off the floor and pulling. Nice job - I can't wait to see it finished. Thanks for linking up today! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you've gotten done so far with the quilting looks great. At least you've made really good progress with one to do item. Hopefully you've made good progress on the quilting part and can move on to one of the rest of the list soon.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.