Tuesday, February 23, 2021

To Do Tuesday

My computer has miraculously come back to life! It is behaving normally, or as normal as it was ten days ago, connecting to the internet, and not making too much noise. Even if it is just for a short time, I am thankful I got to get back on it and load all my photos and files onto a flash drive and save my bookmarks to a file. I think I was mourning the loss of my bookmarks as much as anything. I had kind of forgotten about it, but looking for a picture of a quilt on my blog, I found a post where I said I spilled a whole glass of (unsweet) tea on my laptop in 2018. I bet that is the reason behind all of the problems I've had in the last year. Or most of them. Since it was fairly new, the keyboard randomly stopped working and the only fix was restarting. My new computer should be here next week. I can't wait!

On to my sewing room lists. This is what I have done in the last week.
    Finish ruler quilting pinwheel blocks
    Join the blocks into rows
    Make scarf pattern for daughter and scan it into folder
    X Finish borders for Scottish Sun
I thought I would be sick of Scrappy Pinwheel after the quilting and joining the rows and want a diversion. But I was motivated to keep working on it and get it finished, so I scrapped the Scottish Sun goal and stayed with the pinwheels, joining all the rows and then started working on borders. What is the main part of a quilt (without the borders) called anyway? I want to call it the body of the quilt, but that doesn't seem very quilty.

I am stymied by the borders and the size of the quilt. I had intended for this to be a "recliner" quilt, about 48"x72". Without borders, this is 44"x55" and I am thinking of putting these borders only on the top and bottom. Putting them on the sides would make it 57" wide, which could make it get caught in the recliner footrest lever. This quilt is for a man who has an electric lift chair recliner and I've never seen one of those operate so don't know what width would be appropriate.

I also did some quilting on the border yesterday and when I stuck it on the wall last night and backed off to take a picture, I noticed I had placed it upside down. But for some reason, I think it works better this way. On the wall here, the border should be at the end but I didn't feel like getting out the stepstool to put it in the right place.

Border as I originally planned

New goals for February 23, 2021

  • Make another border for Scrappy Pinwheels
  • Decide whether to make side borders
  • Finish quilting borders and attach
  • Make and attach label
  • Make and attach binding
Linking to:
Tuesday To Do at ChrisKnits

7 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Your Pinwheels are beautiful....have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marti, I love how your Pinwheels have turned, it's a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say, put borders where you want them! No one will know they weren't meant to be. Thanks for linking up to To-Do today! Good luck with your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The borders on top and botton sound good to me! I love how you're quilting them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad your computer is working again. I need to replace mine too, but my current computer is limping on for a while longer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what is that pattern, I love it! I am a big fan of pinwheels, and that scrappy version is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scrappy Pinwheels is looking good! Getting close to a finish is always a good motivator. Good luck with this week's to do list.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.