Monday, March 1, 2021

To Do Tuesday Week 9

Our roller coaster weather continues. From a week of freezing temperatures one week to a week of above average temperatures. We were just over 80F one day. This week, we are back to our normal 50-60F but have had rain for the last four days. Mom had her second Covid shot Wednesday and by Friday, she was so weak and sick that she had to be taken by helicoptor to a hospital in the largest town in her area. She's better now, but back in rehab trying to overcome the weakness. We made a flying trip up and back this past weekend, driving in thick fog on the way up and heavy thunderstorms on the way back. Thus, no sewing reports.

This is what I have done in the last week.
    Make another border for Scrappy Pinwheels
    Decide whether to make side borders
    Finish quilting borders and attach
  • Make and attach label
  • Make and attach binding
I did everything except make a label. The binding took twice as long as it should have because of the batting. It was a high loft batting that Lil had picked out years ago and it was a real pain to work with. It bearded, it made the blocks a lot smaller after quilting, and it kept the binding from going on evenly. I finally took all the binding off and machine basted the edge of the quilt to make it lie flat. I was machine sewing the binding on when I got the call about Mom, and hand stitched the folded side as we drove.

Next, I was going to work on a quilt that still needs a bit of work, but I found out this weekend that Hubby's niece is expecting, so I want to get a baby quilt finished. Baby Bow Tie has pastel colors but isn't specifically girl. If I have time, I'll try to make a quilt just for this baby, but if not, this will be fine.


New goals for March 2, 2021

  • Make a back and binding for Baby Bow Tie
  • Experiment with water color on fabric
  • Make a small embroidery project
  • Reconstruct a pillowcase
Linking to:
To Do Tuesday at ChrisKnits

10 comments:

  1. I hope your Mom will be better soon. Great progress on your list, and I love this colorful baby quilt! Good luck with this week's list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a lovely baby quilt. Best wishes for your mother and good luck with your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful baby quilt! Great colors! Have fun hitting those goals this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers for your mom! I am hoping my parents don't have a reaction to their 2nd shot. The Bow tie is adorable, it would be perfect for any baby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to hear your mom had a bad response to her second shot! So far, the few I've know who have had a second vaccination have had pretty mild reactions. That is a cute Bow Tie Baby quilt. I like bowtie quilts a lot! Sounds your goals are fun and doable for the week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry to hear about your mom and sure hope she's better soon. Your baby bowtie quilt is adorable! Good luck with your list this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,
    Hope your mom is doing better. I'm still holding off on getting the shot.
    Your Baby Bow Tie quilt is beautiful! Love all those pretty colors.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely hope your mom is feeling better. I'm looking forward to getting my second shot tomorrow. That baby Bow Tie is fabulous. I like how bright and happy it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry your mother got so sick, but glad to hear she's doing much better. You did get a lot done the last week, hopefully you've been able to make some progress on this week's list. The baby bow tie has some very pretty pink and purples in it. Though it doesn't ready girly girl, it would definitely be a great baby quilt for a little girl.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.