Saturday, March 6, 2021

Scrappy Pinwheel


Began 2018. Finished March 2021.



I don't have any pictures to share, but the purple martins are back and just hearing their twittering makes me want to be outside doing things. I spent part of yesterday picking up bits of paper that had blown in and surveying the damage from that week of freezing temps. I'm afraid my blueberry bush will have to be replaced. The fire ants are alive and well in that raised bed though, so there is some work ahead.

Mom is doing better although she did have some heart pain after PT this morning and tried to keep it from me. She wasn't the least bit happy when the rehab center called me. lol. I talked to a friend this week and found out that her 55 year old nephew had the same reaction to his second covid shot, and he also had the Moderna. Fine one minute and down the next. So be careful after getting that second shot.

I wasn't able to get Hubby to hold up the latest finish until this morning and then we had to circle the barn to get out of the wind. But finally, Scrappy Pinwheel is off the UFO list.


Between computer problems and being out of town, I haven't shown a Sewing Report for a few weeks. This week I'm combining two weeks into my stash report. Sad to say, I did have to buy some fabric. Even though I didn't need three yards, I didn't want to have to wait for transportation the next time I need it. I had to buy it at Hobby Lobby and was surprised and disappointed to learn that they no longer have their fabric 50% off all the time. No more coupons either. I'm afraid my shopping days at Hobby Lobby may be limited.


To see what others have done with their sewing time this week, check out the links below.



9 comments:

  1. Scrappy Pinwheel is beautiful, love the scrappy binding too! Tough week, I hope this coming week will be more peaceful.
    Thank you for linking up today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your scarp quilt is beautiful! Great ideas for the pinweels, the squares and the borders!!!... and the binding! Scraps, scraps, scraps ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the finish! I noticed Hobby Lobby stopped the coupons too. Hoping it's a temporary thing and they will start having them again once they see their sales drop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scrappy Pinwheels turned out beautifully! Congrats on the finish. As far as reactions after the second shot, several people at work have gotten their second shots and the reactions have been really diverse. One just had a headache and one was just tired, the third though got really sick with fever and chills. I guess the reactions are as diverse as how people fair with the actual infection. Some don't get sick at all, others end up in the hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun pin-wheels made of scrap strips. It's very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,
    Your pinwheel quilt is beautiful. I'm holding off on getting Covid shot. I've read about several people that have had reactions to it. Hope your mother and brother are better now. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pinwheel quilt looks fantastic. I'm a sucker for a scrappy quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this quilt very much and also the quilting on it. I like all the quilts you make and I think you are doing quite well with it all. These are unusual and stressful times. Take care now.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.