Monday, March 29, 2021

One Monthly Goal and PhD




March One Monthly Goal Complete

My March goal was to make the backing and binding for Night Stars, make a quilting plan, and quilt the stars. I didn't think I was going to make it, but I finished the last star amd began quilting between them. This quilt may have caused permanent shoulder damage. Good news though, the long arm quilter just called and Baby Bow Tie is ready to be picked up. It is so much easier to have someone else do the quilting that I may start scrimping on other budget items just to pay for it.

Please don't look carefully at the quilting. The sewing machine foot screw kept getting hung on the safety pins when the quilt was bunched under the harp of the machine and jerking over to stitch in another spot. At first, I was picking those out, and when it kept happening, I decided I could live with it.



April One Monthly Goal(s)

With some misgivings, I've decided that April's goal will be to get all the blocks made for Blue and Yellow Glory Boxes. I don't want to spend much time on this since it isn't even on my PhD list for 2021. But it is such a mess that I'd like to at least get it moved to an organized project box this year. I've found 16 intact plus sign blocks, but I may have to bring in a new fabric to finish the flying geese on some of the floral blocks.


PhD Report

Since I am using LibreOffice with my new laptop, I had to remake all of Gail's charts as closely as Calc would allow, and I added another chart just for me.


Linking to:
One Monthly Goal March Finish at Elm Street Quilts
One Monthly Goal April Beginning at Elm Street Quilts
PhD March Report at QuiltingGail

3 comments:

  1. Great job achieving your monthly goal. I love that straight line quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on meeting your OMG for March. You've been doing really well at finishing off quilts, your PHD report looks good. The quilting on Night Stars looks great, you must have to get really close to see the off line stitches. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.