Sunday, March 21, 2021

Sewing Reports for Week 12 of 2021

I'm late with my reports today due to computer issues. My new computer doesn't seem to like my new office software. So I am back on my old laptop and hope it stays on long enough to finish this.

It seems like I've missed a couple of weeks but looking back, I only skipped one week. I don't have much to show for that missing week. I feel like I am spinning my wheels on projects. I know what I need to do, but just couldn't make myself do them. Instead, I tried some new techniques and threw most of it in the trash. One thing I tried was painting on duck cloth. For the most part, it didn't work at all. This one bag (out of 3 panels painted) turned out okay, but I won't try this again. This particular cloth is ribbed like cordoroy and is almost impossible to paint a straight line across the ribs. But I had this purple cloth from a daybed cover Brownie wanted me to make years ago. Her purple stage lasted a long time and I'll be a long time getting through purple fabrics. This was good practice though and I'll donate it to the library, so some good will come of it.


I am also brushing up on my embroidery so I can make some simple gifts for Christmas. This was a free pattern online and the designer used tan thread for the white around the hat and coat. I thought that made it look a little dirty, so I used gray. It looks white against the muslin so now I know why the designer used tan. I may try this again in redwork so I don't have to deal with white trim against white beard.



I tried painting this same pattern with fabric paint, and it was cute, but again, the white against white made the center very blah.

My stash report makes it look like I used a lot of fabric this week, but this is a combination of last week and this week. I finished another quilt back and it is at the quilter's now. That accounts for most of my fabric usage. In spite of spinning my wheels, I sewed five days last week and every day this week.


I'm linking this to:
Stitching Time at Life in Pieces
Sunday Stash at QuiltPaintCreate

2 comments:

  1. The bag looks really good. Sometimes you just have to go with the flow. If current projects don't excite, it's better to work on something that does. Your metrics look good for the last two weeks. Hope this week is as good and that you get your new computer to get with the programs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kate,
    Thanks for stopping by my place. You asked about Linen cloth. I bought mine on
    line at Hobby Lobby. But you can get Linen at most fabric stores. Linen comes in Ct.(Count) Mine is 32 ct. Linen. It's a tighter weave and is almost like stitching on Muslin. I love it....Hope this helps...have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.