Sunday, March 28, 2021

Design Board and To Do List




Design Board Monday!

After I ran out of thread on Thursday, I hunted for another project to work on. The box at the top of the heap was Blue and Yellow Glory Boxes. Last seen, it looked like this:



But at some point, I must have started cutting it apart and used some of the blocks. I spent a few hours with my best buddy, Jack, and managed to separate these from the solid color polyester blocks. There are a few more in the box, but not as many as there were originally. I need to come up with a new plan for these blocks now.


I used my new seam ripper and it's a bit of a disappointment.


It is nice to have the magnification, but it makes a bit of a shadow and the light is too far away to really put light on the thread being ripped. So I'll probably continue to use my regular seam ripper unless I have some tiny threads or the thread is the same color as the cloth.


To Do Tuesday

I completely forgot about my To Do List! I'll make this short. Last week's list and how much I completed:

    Make binding for Gairden Walk
    Put on binding for Gairden Walk
    I won't post it again, but you can see here that I finished Gairden Walk
    X Make a small embroidery project
    I put all my effort into completing quilts, not starting new projects.
    Make quilting design for Night Sky
    Quilt stars on Night Sky
    I posted yesterday that I made the design, quilted all the stars and began quilting the interior.
So what's on the agenda for the coming week?

New goals for March 30, 2021

  • Finish quilting Night Sky
  • Put on binding for Night Sky
  • Finish ripping out all the blocks of Blue and Yellow Glory Boxes
  • Make a redwork Christmas block
  • Make a Christmas gift bag
  • Make backing for Christmas Among Friends
Linking to:
Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
To Do Tuesday at ChrisKnits

4 comments:

  1. Good to know about the seam ripper. A design not quite thought out to the ultimate end use. Good luck with finding a design to use for the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is coming together . I have always loved blues and yellows together. Thanks for giving the info. on the seam ripper. Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those blue and yellow blocks are so pretty! Hope you make good progress on this week's list and with your stitching plans for April. Sorry the seam ripper was such a disappointment. It's always sad when a good idea isn't designed well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like those blue and yellow blocks. They are going to make such a pretty quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.