Saturday, February 14, 2015

Catching up on the Week, and Stash Report Week 7

I can't believe I haven't posted since Monday. Once again I have proved to myself that I can do something or write about it, but not both. I've been making progress on all my quilt projects but the sewing table hit a snag. I want all my machines to fit in it, so had to readjust the depth, which messed up the legs, which messed up another piece. So I have been trying to work all that out and let me just say that it's a good thing I made this out of paint grade wood.

We have a new neighbor and I've been trying to decide what to take over there. A casserole? Finger foods so they can keep working? Cookies? It's especially difficult because they own a restaurant. Then, it struck me that they are going to be too busy remodeling the inside to do much outside, so I made them a bluebird house. No cooking for pros for me.

We don't celebrate Valentine's Day here, but I did intend to make some candy for Hubby. Instead, we planted onions. Rather, I planted onions - 4 sets so far and 4 more to go. The weather Saturday was absolutely gorgeous. High 70's and almost no wind; it even touched on uncomfortably hot. But now the temperature is going to start dropping and we should have a few days of cooler weather before the heat comes back.

I fell off the wagon with my stash reduction. A ran across two great sales and there were some great fabrics on the clearance racks. Usually it's colors I can live without, but these were great and a couple are colors that will be in an upcoming quilt.



How did you do this week?

I'll link to Patchwork Times when she puts up her post.

8 comments:

  1. Planting onions seems a better gift than candy. And the bird house was perfect; hope the neighbors thought so to. Clearance rack with great colors--that might be why I never got on the wagon in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post today Marti! I enjoy reading and thanks for sharing! Hopefully things work out for your sewing table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's probably why I can't seem to make a dent in the stash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks. The sewing table will work out and then I'll have a plan if I ever want to build it again with better wood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always difficult to know what to give new neighbours. I think you chose well. I hope they enjoy using it and watching the bluebirds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you came up with the perfect move in gift for your new neighbors. I know what you mean about the do something or write about it. I really struggle with that one. I have to be really organized in order to make that work and sometimes I still get behind on my blog reading and replying to comments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't really like cooking for other people, but cooking for someone who does it for a living was intimidating. They didn't seem thrilled with the birdhouse, but you never know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get behind in the replying and commenting too. I really don't know how you working people do it. I have spent the last hour just reading emails, replying to them, commenting on those blogs, and commenting on a few of the blogs that linked to the two linky parties I linked to. It's time consuming just to keep up with a blog, much less do the blogging.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.