Monday, February 2, 2015

Design Wall Monday

After Hubby returned from repairing a friend's fence Saturday afternoon, we decided to go to a movie for date night afternoon. We saw Black or White. I thought it was great. Hubby thought the chairs were comfortable. ;) He would rather have seen American Sniper. We haven't been to a movie theater in years. We usually wait for the movie to come out on video, that is, if months later we can remember which movie we wanted to see. After the lights went down, the first thing I noticed was the sound of rattling and crunching as the girl beside me ate crackers from the box she dug out of her bag and the girl beside her ate potato chips from her bag.  But it wasn't just her, it was all over the theater.  Then, halfway through the movie, a woman in front of us started texting and her bright phone screen was distracting. So I'm officially an old curmudgeon. I think I'll start keeping a list of movies I'd like to see so I can watch them on video.

First up on the design wall floor is my sewing table. Fabrication isn't just about quilting after all. Because we only had a few hours Sunday noon to work, we didn't get as much done as I had planned. I think everything that needed four hands is done and I can do the rest myself. Today I need to make a jig to cut the table top and build the table extension.

Sewing Table Front

On the design wall in the house, the Card Tricks lap quilt just needs borders and then it is ready to quilt. Now the hard part is coming up with a name for it.





And I'm still working on the Scrappy Butterflies between other projects.





I'm linking to Patchwork Times
MOP Monday #6 at Tweety Loves Quilting
Fabric Tuesday #19 at Quilt Story
WIP Wednesday #25 at Freshly Pieced

12 comments:

  1. Your card tricks is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It's been fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have gotten so spoiled. When we go to a movie (well it's usually me and my daughter and perhaps a child or someone else) we go to one of the ones that serves food. So it's linch/dinner and a movie. That being said, I have gone to three movies in the past four years!!!

    Love the beginnings of the table.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to see Black & White, but it hasn't arrived here yet. American Sniper is an excellent film.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Making your own sewing table? Wow! I'm impressed. I have to check this out because I would like to have something better than an office desk for my sewing machine. Those scrappy butterflies are very beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sewing table looks great! I am using our dining table for sewing ;) And your projects looks lovely, really like the little corner stones in the card trick project, they make the main block really pop! Thanks for linking up at MOP Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blocks are lovely! I'm looking forward to seeing your finished table.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've made good progress on your projects. The Card Trick quilt looks great, I like those browns you used in the blocks. Is the border black or just a really dark brown? How about Four of a Kind for the name of the quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen those in Dallas but they are too far for a typical date night for us. How is the food there?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't be impressed yet. I had an idea of how I wanted to build it, but am changing it as I build so it may go straight to the burn pile.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you! I have used my dining table but it is such a hassle. Seems like I'm right in the middle of things when I have to clear it off for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks. It's a really dark brown, one of the same colors that is in the quilt. But it looks darker with so much of it, and because it's in a room that doesn't get a lot of light AND the camera I used doesn't really like low lighting even with the flash. Now if I could just learn how to use that new camera... Marti

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.