Friday, February 6, 2015

Look Out Friday, Weekend Ahead

Our weather has been a real roller coaster this week.  Exceptionally warm and then cold, gloomy and rainy and now it's warming up again.  We are supposed to reach the high 70's tomorrow and then next week, it's back to cold and gloomy again.  I mentioned to Hubby that it would be a good time to till the garden tomorrow, but he thinks it will still be too wet.

I've been working on the Friends Who Have Never Met quilt.  I have the borders on and now have to find a fabric for the backing and binding.  I may be totally unoriginal and go with muslin for that.  I just can't find a color I like, and don't have enough of anything I used in the quilt.  (The outer border is white on white if you can't tell.)

FWHNMQuilt2

I've also been working on my sewing table. I have everything on the base built and am painting it now.

SewingTableProgress

Linking up with

6 comments:

  1. I am so ready for warm weather. I never thought I would say that. I have always loved cold weather, but I am sick of the rain and cold now.

    Can't wait to see the completed table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing wrong with a muslin back for this beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you start dark in the center and make it lighter as you move away from the center.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like winter is just skipping us this year. The bugs are going to be horrible this summer I'm sure. During our last warm spell, the wasps were already out. Where did they come from?!!! Marti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks. I may try dying something that matching the center part colors. I've always wanted to do that. Marti

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do too. I am a little concerned about using white in a quilt that is going to a nursing home though.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.