Saturday, January 12, 2019

A Bright, Red, Scrappy Saturday

This week I finished the red Pond Lily block (which I am not going to continue as a RSC, another True Lovers Knot block, and a Snowball Blossom block. The more Snowball Blossom blocks I make, the more I remember why I quit making them last year, but I'm determined to finish that quilt this year.




Here is my revised plan for the Snowball Blossom blocks. I need twenty-five blocks which means I'll be making two or three of each color I use.  It will be a good size for a baby quilt or throw, so I'll probably aim for the brighter colors.



And this is my plan for the True Lovers Knot block. I am enjoying this block so far but have discovered that it needs a scant 1/4 inch seam.

Linking to:
ScrapHappy Saturday #2 at soscrappy
Main Crush Monday at Cooking up Quilts
Oh Scrap! at Quilting is More Fun than Housework

10 comments:

  1. The snowball blossoms are new to me, very pretty. Are they done with flip triangles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never heard it called that before, but yes, it's that technique. For some reason, the triangle corners aren't lining up perfectly though and that's why I am not liking this block.

      Delete
  2. Nice job on your RED scrap sewing for the RSC!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Does the S. b. Block belong to any designer? I would like to use it for my RSC19.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I got the pattern from Lisa Boyer's blog here: http://lisaboyer.blogspot.com/2008/03/puakenikeni-baby-quilt.html.

      She called it a Puakenikeni Baby Quilt, but since I don't know how to pronounce that, and since it looks like four snowball blocks made into a flower block, I named it my Snowball Flower quilt when I started the blocks in January 2018. But that name lost it's appeal to me, so for this year, I've renamed it Snowball Blossom. Maybe I'll finish it before I get tired of that name too. lol

      Delete
  4. I love your happy red blocks! I mean, I like EVERY color, but RED is the best... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Red is the life of the party, isn't it? I need more red in my life.

      Delete
  5. Fun blocks, pretty scraps. I don't mind making snow ball blocks, what do you not like about them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No matter how carefully I put them on, none of the corner seams line up with each other. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but it's driving me nuts.

      Delete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.