Sunday, January 13, 2019

Sewing Report Sunday Week 2

I am happy to say goodbye to Week 2 of 2019. I spent most of the week sleeping or in my rocker, though I still managed to get some stitching in each day. Friday, I finally began to feel normal and yesterday Hubby finally quit following me around with a can of Lysol. If it weren't for Buddy The Cat begging to get into my lap, I would have felt like Typhoid Mary. And all I had was a cold. I'm still a little congested, but no lingering cough with this one, for which I am very grateful. So onward and upward and I am looking forward to this week. Stay well everyone!

Last week, I worked on putting together my Depression Blocks, RSC January RED blocks, the Pond Lily block, fabric baskets, and ugh, mending. I pulled a little from my stash for the basket lining and mending, but can't really pinpoint where it all went.



I am glad I was able to get some sewing time every day, even though some days it was just barely fifteen minutes. I hope to have more to show for it in the next report.


After the sheetrockers finished downstairs, there were several sheets of sheetrock left. Yesterday, Hubby hauled them up the stairs (I have no idea how he did that by himself - he rocks!) and hung them so I can have a real design wall. So what's on the wall now? My design wall!



That piece of flannel worked fine in my last house, hooked to command strips, especially when my sewing room was in the living room and I had to convert the room from sewing room


back to living room, within minutes.


My sewing space in this barndominium will be a double duty space also, but for the most part, it's just going to be for sewing. At least it's not in the front room of the house. Eventually, I want to cover a couple of foam insulation panels with flannel and mount them to the wall. While using the foam as my temporary design wall, I found I really like being able to pin the heavier pieces so they can't fall off.

Linking to:
15 Minutes to Stitch at Life in Pieces
Sunday Stash at QuiltPaintCreate


3 comments:

  1. So sorry you had a cold last week. I had one over Christmas, definitely not fun. Looks like your sewing space is slowly coming along. Hope it helps you get more done in the coming weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too, but I bet I get less done while we try to get some things done downstairs.

      Delete
  2. It was fun to read about your newly sheet rocked sewing space and design wall. It reminds me of my sewing space. Mine has sheet rock that was painted many years ago and cabinets but no finishing touches in the window seals and not flooring. I just put down leftover pieces of carpet. It works great for my space. The semi unfinished walls make it easy to staple a design wall to.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.