Sunday, January 27, 2019

Week 4 of Sewing Reports Sunday

This has been a barely sewing week due to working on the house. I've tried to get in my 15 minutes of hand stitching but even that was skipped a couple of days. But we're making progress on the house and I'm encouraged to say that I should have the interior completely textured and painted by next weekend. Hubby hosted a winter field day event for his ham radio club and while everyone was here, someone helped him lift the oven onto a cart so we could use it. I may have to take a break from painting this week and make some real bread. That is one thing that just doesn't turn out well in an RV oven. I can almost taste it now.

So onto the reports, I'm sorry to say that no fabric was used this week, but on the good side, no fabric was brought in either. If I'm going to make my goal of using 15% of my stash this year, I need to start sewing!



After a long day texturing and painting, it was nice to take a shower and then relax in my chair with my cross stitch and a good tv show. The two days I painted ceilings by myself were the two days I couldn't stitch. After tilting my head up so long, I just couldn't tilt it down enough to stitch. On those days I probably could have used a drink stronger than Sleepy Time Tea, but I survived and all but the bathroom ceilings are painted. I'm still on track to accomplish my goal of 70% stitching for the year but I can see that I can't take off too many days without the percentage dropping significantly. I finally got my new glasses this week and I'm thrilled to say that they have corrected the double vision, even at night. I hope this will make my machine piecing easier.



I'm linking to:
15 Minutes to Stitch at Life in Pieces
Sunday Stash at QuiltPaintCreate

2 comments:

  1. 88% is a great number to start off January! It looks like your stash report is doing great as well. Keep on sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've made a lot of progress on the house stuff. At some point that will all be done and you'll have more time to stitch. I have noticed that tracking one's stitching success rate is a lot like looking at my grades in college. So easy to drop, but really hard to raise it back! Hope there is no overhead painting this week and you can get in some good stitching time.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.