Monday, January 15, 2018

Cars Quilt

Began and Finished 2018






First up is the finished Cars quilt. I put the label on Saturday, but had to wait until Brownie went to work today before I could show the final product. If you noticed the white lines before, those are velcro strips. They are for the carports (pieces of vinyl placemats covered with fabric, with the corresponding velcro on the edges). A couple of little toy cars, and the quilt is ready for car trips. The back is flannel to make it warm and snuggly.  This was my January goal for both One Monthly Goal at Elm Street Quilts, and American Patchwork & Quilting UFO Challenge.

If I had a design wall, this little block would be on it. I'm not sure what I will do with it except that I want to make it a small wall hanging.


Linking to:
Moving it Forward at Em's Scrapbag
Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt
Main Crush Monday at Cooking up Quilts
UFO Busting at Tish's Adventures in Wonderland
Friday Foto Fun at Powered by Quilting
One Monthly Goal at Elm Street Quilts

13 comments:

  1. So cute. Glad it's finally done. What an accomplishment.

    Have a fabulous day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving that Car quilt oh so cute what a great idea using the Velcro.
    I love that quilt block the colors are stunning.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute Car quilt that will be very popular, no doubt. I remember my Grandma made a town by drawing roads and houses on very stiff interfacing, using liquid embroidery. We played with cars on that for years and years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad it's finally done too! I'm waiting by the phone for the call that says a certain little boy has it now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute!! I love the carports! <3 My nephews would LOVE this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an awesome first finish for the year! The little detachable carports are so cool! This quilt can spend lots of hours being played with and snuggled. Can't wait to see what you do with your block, it will make a wonderful wall hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree that this is a great first finish! What a super idea with the carports. I know some kids who would love this too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That came out great, you are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your quilt! I have that same fabric - your quilt is an inspiration for a quilt for my grandson! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on a very fun finish! The carports are such a cool idea. Someone is going to have a lot of fun and snuggles with that quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marti - thanks for visiting my blog today. I hope you do get a chance to visit even a small part of the UK someday - you wouldn't regret it!

    This car quilt is precious - what a clever idea to have the detachable carports. Zoom zoom!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such an adorable quilt! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Finishee out great Marti, bet he loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.