Monday, January 8, 2018

Design Wall Monday - Cars is Quilted!

This weekend and this morning, I spent just about every waking hour quilting and it will be the last time I quilt on my little Janome. My shoulder may never recover!

It looks distorted in these pictures but that's because I didn't have Hubby here to hold it and I had to stuff the corners in a couple of cabinets to hold it up. At least I hope it's not distorted. After all the pushing and pulling this weekend, I should probably block it before binding.




It didn't help that I was working in the trailer with my machine on a tv dinner table. I also haven't found my quilting gloves yet either, but found that my dishwashing rubber gloves have a better grip. Who knew? lol


Jo from Jo's Country Junction is doing a BOM Challenge in 2018. The challenge is to finish a BOM that is a basically a UFO. The assignment for this week was to find said project. That might be easy for some quilters, but when most of my stuff is in boxes, unmarked boxes at that, it made it a little more difficult for me. I didn't find my BOM. In her post describing the challenge, Jo said that the reason she doesn't like BOM's is that it seems such a waste to spend all that time reading directions and cutting just for one block. That clicked with me and I realized that I feel the same way. When people talk about doing a sampler challenge, I just cringe. So thank you Jo for not making me feel guilty when I say no to samplers.

Here is my BOM, even though I haven't found the actual project yet. This is what it looked like the last time I saw it. I only have one block left to finish. I'm not sure why I never finished it, except it was the first BOM I had ever done and I was tired of it by the time I got to the last block.



I'm linking to:
Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt
Main Crush Monday at Cooking up Quilts
Moving it Forward at Em's Scrapbag
Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts

7 comments:

  1. What a great job. I know some boys that would love to have this.

    Have a fabulous day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. This finished as cute as it can be. I don't think I would have tackled that in such a small space. kudos to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s amazing. Good for you to aim high and reach your goals even though everything in your environment is not optimal for that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that quilt. That little boy will treasure it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The car quilt is adorable. Kudo's to you for managing the quilting in a small space. Thanks for sharing on MCM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job with your Cars quilt! I like how you laid out the "roads." Then the lucky recipient will be able to drive Matchbox or Hotwheels cars all over the quilt while snuggling with it! And bless your heart, working on a quilt with your machine on a TV tray!! Now I can't complain about not having a big enough sewing cabinet EVER AGAIN...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marti: That quilt is adorable, love the quilt blocks, I am looking forward to seeing the finish.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.