Sunday, January 7, 2018

End of Week Reporting

Although my numbers don't show it, it's been a really good week for me. I've been quilting the Cars quilt the last few days. It's a toddler size quilt, but it feels like a queen when I'm trying to pull it through the neck of my little machine. I thought of sending it out, but I want Hubby to deliver it next week and the quilter has backlog, so that wasn't going to happen.

I've also been working on a cabinet that will house my stash. After stripping the interior, I stained it, but it isn't taking the stain as dark as I'd like it to be. I may just call it good and go on. It's the inside after all. Friday, Hubby and I went to Fort Worth to find some wood to replace the cheapo backing that was originally on the cabinet, and we bought some plywood to start building cabinets. He spent the weekend wiring which freed me to quilt. My shoulders and back are killing me but I should be finished soon. I've been almost glad to spend time ripping out stitches so I can relax a little.

Starting with the stash report. Although I didn't use or buy any fabric for the stash, the numbers have changed nevertheless. I found a box with scraps and some fabric.



I'm using Kate's format to track my 15 Minute Sewing Challenge.
I spent at least fifteen minutes sewing for five days this week.
And since it's the first week of the year, that's five days this month.
And five days this year.
That's a 71% success rate for the first week of January.

Linking to:
15 Minute Challenge at Life in Pieces
Stash Report at Quilt, Paint, Create

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you'll have a finish this week. Great start to the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news that you will finish the quilt - even though it is difficult! I am awed that your stash will fit in a cabinet however. I believe mine is reproducing as we speak - nasty fabrics!

    I would join in the 15 minutes a day, but that would grow into several hours once I get into something. Seems like there are always "problems" that crop up and extend that time!

    Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great week indeed. I love it when a plan comes together.

    Have a fabulous day and week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so brave to be counting what you have on hand. I'm not sure I'd want to know! Hope the repurposed fabric cabinet turns out how you want. Congrats on finding time to stitch, it has to be harder when you aren't really set up for full time stitching as yet. Thank you for linking up this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no Grandma K, I don't stop after 15 minutes. It's just like you said, the 15 minutes grows into hours. But sometimes, that's just the push I need. I wish I had a 15 minute challenge for some of the yuckier jobs around here that I just can't make myself get around to doing.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.