Sunday, January 14, 2018

End of Week Reporting for the Second Week of January

I was hoping I wouldn't have to buy any fabric to finish the quilts I've started. But I didn't have enough of anything to bind the Cars quilt. I'm pretty sure I have some of the same stripe fabric I bought this week, but it must be hiding at the bottom of a box somewhere. So yes, I did buy a yard of fabric, a half yard of stripe and a half yard of yellow so I could make Susie's Magic Binding. Love that technique!

My stash numbers have also grown this week because I have continued to unpack fabric. So while my stash number has gone up, the actual fabric in my home is really not any different. Just a difference in found and unfound. Unpacking is not all bad though because I found my favorite ruler, a much needed space heater, a desk lamp, AND three UFO's. I might be able to play along with the American Patchwork & Quilting UFO Challenge by number after all. I thought I'd probably have to do them as I found them.

So without further yak yak, here is my stash report.


I'm also pleased to report that I have gotten in at least fifteen minutes of sewing every day this week. After posting this, I need to get to the machine or I won't be able to say that next week.

Linking to:
Sunday Stash at quilt paint create
15 Minutes to Stitch at Life in Pieces

6 comments:

  1. Too funny that you keep finding fabric as you unpack. I'm sure I would do the same thing if I were to move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, and I've been finding it in the oddest places. Wherever I needed to fill a spot or put something soft around something delicate. I may never find them all at this rate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marti: Finding fabric for me is like Christmas also.
    Have fun.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you are making great progress with your 15 minutes a day. Nice that you are finding fabric as you unpack. Does it feel like finding money in your pocket? I guess you will just have to sew faster to make your ledger sheet balance!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good progress on your sewing goals. You should only have to count what fabric you BUY, not those that were yours already, just misplaced. I would be in a bad situation if I had to go back and add up all my hidden fabrics. 2018 is a new year- everything starts at zero.! Hope you find more so you can use it up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so brave to be counting what's already in your stash. I'm not sure I'd want to know at this point. Congrats on finding the time to sew each day last week, as well as time to unpack. Thanks for linking up this week. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.