Sunday, January 5, 2020

15 Minute Challenge Week 1 of 2020

Off to a good start this year and I spent New Year's Day making the remaining blocks for the Snowball Blossom Quilt started as a Rainbow Scrap Challenge by soscrappy in 2018. For most quilters, these blocks are very easy, but I cannot seem to get the corners straight doing them the usual way and have have to make them oversized and then cut them down which makes for a lot of extra work. I managed to get in 15 minutes for the next three days and quilted several blocks. I am going to make this a quilt as you go quilt.


I was going to take another full day of quilting yesterday, but my simple project of replacing the grease in my Kitchenaid mixer took nearly all day. I was lucky to get 15 minutes. It's early in the year and I know my numbers will fall off when summer arrives, but for now, my sewing success rate is 100%. I'm not setting a success rate goal until we are finished with all the building and everything related to life on the farm.


Linking up to Kate's 15 Minutes to Stitch at Life in Pieces.

4 comments:

  1. Love your little blocks. Your colors are fun too. Are you doing the color challenges for this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did get off on a good foot for 2020. Hopefully you don't have too many days were other household chores win out over a few minutes of stitching. Thanks for linking up this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those blocks are so pretty. Love the placement of all the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope it looks okay after quilting.

      Delete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.