Monday, January 20, 2020

Design Wall and Week 4 Goals

When I was looking around for the next UFO to finish, I spotted this Baby Bow Tie quilt top that I had recently unpacked. When I looked back on my blog, I saw a post that said I was putting it away with backing fabric. So where is that fabric now?


So I took that down and found a UFO that I can actually work on. This is a BOM sampler from 2005 that I named Ameliorate with nine finished blocks and three unfinished.


My goals for the week:
1. Find the missing backing fabric, and if it is sewn into backing already, prep it and send it off for quilting.
2. Make the final three blocks for the sampler quilt and decide on a design for the quilt. I started this as a beginning quilter so some of the blocks may need some help.
3. Buy sheets of foam board for a new design wall. I'm not sure if I want to cover them with polyester batting or flannel. I'm tired of blocks falling off the current flannel sheet.

Linking up with:
Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
BOMs Away at Katie Mae Quilts
Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt
To Do Tuesday at Home Sewn By Us
Midweek Makers at QuiltFabrication

10 comments:

  1. Love that bow tie quilt, it's so bright and colorful. Hope you find the backing fabric quickly, so you can kick off the year with a finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both projects look like fun!! I do love the bo-ty quilt, the colors are so sweet!! I am sure you will find that backing fabric somewhere safely tucked away. I have far too many unfinished projects that when I try to find one I have in mind it seems to take all day!!! Not good. :^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty bowtie quilt! They are one of my favorite blocks. Hope you find that backing fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great projects! I hope that you find the backing fabric for the bow tie quilt. I've started keeping backing, binding, and everything else for a project together until I've finished. I have been known to use binding fabric in another project, and that doesn't always end well. Happy stitching! Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smiling at the missing backing, I sometimes forget I have done something like that and spring on it for another project! Hope you find it. Kathryn Quilts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marti! I had to giggle - your post told you that you were packing it away with the backing fabric. What the heck - where did it go??!! I have a suggestion for your flannel design wall. If you use one of those scrubbies for dishes - they are flexible and soft and have nubbie-thing sticking up - do you know what I mean? Rub it over an area of the flannel and it will pick up all of the loose threads. Then the flannel will stick again. I hope that makes sense - if it doesn't email and I'll find the post I did about it. It works slick!! And what if you didn't finish those last three blocks but just went with what you have for the 2005 blocks? Just a thought. Thanks for linking up. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait until the Bow Tie quilt is finished! Adorable! I hope you find the missing fabric, or at least come up with an alternative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also have a few unfinished quilts or blocks here. I know fabrics that disappear only too well, mostly they reappear when I no longer need them ...

    I like your quilt and the blocks very much ... I'm curious what will become of them.

    Many greetings from your sewing enthusiast Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you think the Bow tie backing found another quilt mate? If so, another pretty backing will not be hard to find! The deep colors of the vintage sampler are right up my alley! Sashing or a "framed" set should take care of the beginner block issues.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you find it, but I guess that the fabric is in another quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.