Saturday, January 11, 2020

End of the Week Progress and Week 3 Goals

Yesterday, the morning started with lead-gray skies. I was out of thread and needed to run over to the next town, and that's when the wind kicked up to thirty miles per hour and I felt like I was being pushed around the road. By the time I left the store, it was 73 degrees. It would have been the perfect day if it weren't for the wind and humidity. By the time I got home, dark clouds were building and after dinner, the rain began. Or should I say the rain pounded. It was deafening and lasted for several hours. Of course the tv weather people were in their element and the 6:00 news ran through the evening programs. There were tornado warnings in the counties north of us as the storm raged through, and then finally, it was quiet again. We woke up to ice on the windsheilds, but the counties north of us had an inch or two of snow. 73 to 29 in eight hours. Only in Texas.

But hey, I got my thread and could continue working on my quilt. It's all about priorities.

This week I finished quilting blocks on four more rows and joined three rows. I was hoping to get some quilting done Saturday, but I was in the kitchen most of the afternoon cooking for today's lunch. Hopefully, I'll have some quilting time this afternoon. This is where I am right now. I'm hoping for a finish by next weekend.


I was happy to get in 15 minutes or more every day on this quilt, and hope my streak continues. It was also nice to get to the backing so the stash report shows a nice loss for a change.



Home Sewn by Us has a To Do party that starts on Tuesday. But my OCD makes me crazy, or crazier, if I start it in the middle of the week, so I'm running Sunday through Saturday.

My first To Do list in 2020 is for Week 3 of 2020 and is a little ambitious, at least for me.

1. Finish the center of Snowball Blossom.

2. Find a fabric for the borders, both front and back. I'm afraid this will might require a fabric purchase as I am sure I want a white on white fabric.

3. Take down my design wall and finish the wall behind it. This is a tall order as I haven't really decided what I want to do here.

To see what other people have on their design board and on their sewing reports, join me at these linkups:
15 Minutes to Stitch at Life in Pieces
Oh Scrap! at Quilting is More Fun than Housework
Sunday Stash at QuiltPaintCreate
Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
To Do Tuesday at Home Sewn by Us
Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt
Tuesday Colour at Clever Chameleon Quilting

15 comments:

  1. What adorable little blocks! Glad you got your thread before the storm hit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same weather as you (central TX). It was a crazy day for us. The rain/sleet/hail didn't last long but the wind was strong. Now it's cold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We also had some crazy weather and I still can't believe that in January we are have near 70 degree days! A good rainy day is perfect for sewing though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The extremes we go to for quilting supplies. Here in the north, the weather has been rainy Friday and Saturday with a light dusting of snow overnight. I can't believe that here I am way north of you and you in Texas have more snow than southern Ontario, Canada. Weird weather for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your snowball blossoms are really pretty! I like the way you're quilting it, too. Hope the weather calms down today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ice storm here and everything was encased in ice. And then it snowed.

    Oh, I love those Snowball Blossoms. I may have to try some of those. Are you doing quilt as you go? I have that on my list of things to try but haven't tried yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your snowball blossom blocks are beautiful.
    Good luck with your plans for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That storm system was something else. We got about 2 inches of the white stuff on Saturday, but it was gone today. Congrats on finding time to stitch this week. You've made really good progress on your quilt. Hope this next week is as good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely blocks! Now that you have your thread you can stay inside and ignore the weather. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marti, those blocks are so pretty! I think they would be a little tedious matching all those points on the corners.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your snowball blocks are so bright and happy. It's going to be an absolutely joyous quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Marti! That is so funny that you say your list runs from Sunday to Saturday. Before I took this over, I did that same thing . . . or really whatever I wanted. Now that I'm setting an example . . . geez. I moved my list to Tuesday - Monday and it threw me off for a bit. I've adjusted now though! You can run your list however works for you. It's the whole point that it works for YOU. I am certain you'll have no issues with #1 and #2 on your list, but #3 sounds scary if you don't know what you want. Good luck and thanks for linking up this week! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a great use of scraps. Love it...

    ReplyDelete
  14. That weather event sounds rather intense! Hmm QAYG I think, I have tried it and quite liked it, and then I tried doing it with bigger pieces and that worked too for a bigger quilt. I followed Marti Michel's method for it. All the best for this week. Kathryn Quilts

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope your weather has improved, it sounds like you got quite a hammering. Good on you for getting on with your beautiful quilt against the odds!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.