Sunday, January 10, 2021

Sewing Weekend Week 2 of 2021

I hope everyone is well and enjoying this new year. So far, so good for me. I have discovered that using the sewing machine (first time since August) perfectly hits the sweet spot of my vision. The only problem I've had this week has been not being able to tell which is the right side of the fabric, which made me try out Mr. Ripper sooner than I wanted. And that was tough. I threw some pieces away because it just wasn't worth trying to hold the fabric and a magnifying glass at the same time. But all in all, it was a very encouraging week, and I got a lot done.

I worked mainly on my string Scrappy Pinwheels. Originally, I was going to make the quilt with all pinwheel blocks doing quilt as you go so each block would be separated by a half inch sashing. But I've been playing around with designs, and made then made another block to see how it would look. It looks better on the computerized design than it does on the design wall. Now I'm not sure which direction I'll go with it.  Sorry for the dark photos.  I should have taken pictures while it was still daylight.

On to the reports!

I stitched every day this week so my 15 minutes to stitch report still shows 100% success rate.

Since I am using scraps and previously cut muslin, my stash report remains the same as it has for the last eight months. I'm not going to reduce my stash at this rate.

I'm linking this post to these blogs. Click on them to see what other quilters are doing:
Oh Scrap! at Quilting is More Fun than Housework
15 Minutes to Stitch at Life in Pieces
Sunday Stash at Quilt Paint Create
Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts

Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt



6 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I like version 2. Something about the spacer blocks appeals to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the two versions will be great for a lovely quilt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these string triangles! Scrap are the best! Congrats on being able to sew in spite of vision problems. This will be a great quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could go either way with the setting, I like both. Congrats on all the stitching time this month. You've made some good progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like #2 also. . . mainly because it is something different. Plus, I like how you tied in the strings concept by making the center square strings also.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.