Tuesday, January 12, 2021

To Do Tuesday #75

We had a taste of real winter this week. It never got below freezing, so the snow we got melted away quickly. But for the day it was here, it was so pretty, and wasn't it nice to come on a Sunday when most people didn't have to get out? I thought so.

I had a good sewing week, but I didn't complete all my goals for the week.

Goals from January 5, 2021

1. Iron top and backing for Jacob's Ladder
    It is ready to go to the long arm quilter as soon as she gets her machine out of the shop.
2. Make 25 half string blocks
    I made 37, plus 12 four inch blocks
3. Put up Christmas decorations 
    I put up some, but not all. I did build a shelving unit to store all the totes that hold various
    decorations. Some of the totes had broken under the weight of stacked totes.
4. Work on the cross stitch project. I just didn't want to stop working on the string blocks.

This week's goals are much the same.

Goals for January 12, 2021

1. Add additional border on the backing for Gairden Walk so it can be quilted
2. Iron and cleanup top and backing for Gairden Walk, pack it up, send it out
3. Choose backing fabric for Scrappy Pinwheels and cut into thirty-five 13 inch squares
4. Cut some trial blocks and batting and experiment with quilting patterns
5. Quilt at least 5 Scrappy Pinwheel blocks
6. Put up Christmas decorations and get those boxes out of my sewing space

Linking to:
To Do Tuesday at Home Sewn by Us


7 comments:

  1. Love the pinwheel blocks. Sorry to hear you didn't complete all your goals but it's a new week and last was just too busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your scrappy pinwheel blocks! Do you make a complete scrappy block and then make them into HSTs with the solid fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those scrappy pinwheels! Good luck with your Christmas decorations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    I really like your new storage area...so neat looking.
    Those pinwheels are gorgeous...have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marti! I have a shelving unit very similar to yours for holding our Christmas totes, too. I never thought about them cracking from the weight from being stacked. I have to say it comes in really handy. I'd say all those extra string blocks canceled out the cross stitch non-finish - at least it would in my book. Ooh-la-la! Those pinwheel string blocks look fabulous as well as the offsetting alternate block. Good luck with this week's list and thanks for linking up today. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice storage setup and I love the string pinwheels. Nice to have a list of goals.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you've been moving along with your to do list, at least with the stitching and organizing fronts. Hope you've been able to make just as much progress with last week's to do list.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.