Monday, January 18, 2021

To Do Tuesday #76

This week went by with a rush, whistling through the shutters and trailing dust eddies in its wake. A few more weeks like this and we'll be wearing short sleeves and wondering what happened to winter. Nothing even remotely interesting happened in my life this week so I had plenty of time to sew and do housework and I ignored the housework. The coming week will be a different story though. Doctor appointments requiring a half day each and the plumber is definitely coming Thursday.

One of my goals from week two of 2021 was to put up the Christmas decorations. I didn't get it all put away, so I added it to the list again last week. And finally, I did I finish that task. At least I think I did; Christmas decorations spread throughout the house have a way of being overlooked. Soon, I need to make some changes in the storage closet and build another rack with room to hang wreaths. Wreaths in boxes take up a lot of room.

Last week's goals are all done!
    Add additional border on the backing for Gairden Walk so it can be quilted
    Iron and cleanup top and backing for Gairden Walk, pack it up, send it out
    Choose backing fabric for Scrappy Pinwheels and cut into thirty-five 13 inch squares
    Cut some trial blocks and batting and experiment with quilting patterns
    Quilt at least 5 Scrappy Pinwheel blocks
    Put up Christmas decorations and get those boxes out of my sewing space
Goals for January 19, 2021

  • Make 28 half string blocks and 7 string squares
  • Buy enough muslin to finish blocks
(This is easier said than done. Since I'm not driving, I have to impose on someone to take me, and I hate asking people to take time out of their day to take me somewhere.)
  • Quilt 7 square blocks and 7 pinwheel blocks
  • Make 4 lap bibs, similar to below, but bigger (1 Xmas)
(I thought I had posted about these in 2018, but I guess I didn't. It's more like a scarf that works like a bib. I'll take better pictures this time.)


Linking to:
To Do Tuesday at Home Sewn by Us



5 comments:

  1. I've found hanging the wreaths works so much better for storage but I realize that might be a space issue. (We have metal storage shelves that have holes in the frames--I've inserted "S" hooks all over them and hang my wreaths on those.). Good luck on your to-do's--hope it's a good week for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marti! I have my wreaths like Cheree suggests on the side of the storage racks. I have Christmas stuff spread throughout the house too and I enjoy finding things that should have been put away all year long. It makes me smile and confuses the nieces and nephews - what holiday is it?!! HAHA! I'm looking forward to seeing the details on lap bibs. I wonder if you might be able to order the muslin online and supply a friend's name for pickup? Joann's has curbside pickup - your friend doesn't even have to go inside. Thanks so much for linking up today. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Marti, you got a lot done! Good luck with the goals for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you got a lot done! Your scarf/bib is lovely.
    I wanted to let you know I appreciated your comment on my post. I normally reply to comments by email, but I've had blog issues this week (ugh) and wasn't able to thank you for your comments about Beverly's quilt. Hope you are enjoying your week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on all the check marks on last week's list. Hope you've done as well on this week's list. I still need to put up some of our Christmas stuff. That's on my housework list for this morning. So you are doing better than I am on that front.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.