Monday, February 24, 2020

What is on the Wall Today

I've named this QAYG trial quilt, Barnyard. I've already finished and quilted the middle row and quickly learned that the outer borders have to be added later. I had to rip the stitches in all the red blocks and reattach after the blocks were joined. I had already done the right corner so now I need to rip that one too. It's going fast because I'm only basting quilt the layers. I thought these would be the perfect blocks to practice ruler quilting - as soon as I find my rulers. And I'm running out of time for my OMG quilt, so I don't have time for quilting right now; I just need to concentrate on the joining process.


Here's the back for the blocks that are done so far. Not loving it, but it's going to stay this way.

I'm joining these linky parties with this post:
AND

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with your qaug trial. Hopefully you will get it all done by the end of the month. Remember we have an extra day this February!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Sorry to hear it's giving you frustrations! I've never done QAYG so I can't offer one word of advice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Yvonne, I never tryed quilt as you go technique, and I guess I wouldn't have thought of the sashing either... Great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least you've had the chance to decide what does and doesn't work. Will you write a post at the end for those of us who have this technique on their "to learn" list?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.