Monday, February 10, 2020

Design Wall Monday and ToDo Tuesday, Week 7

Not much has changed with my sampler blocks. I ran out of the off-white fabric early last week, but a last-minute trip to Tulsa and a busy weekend didn't allow for buying any more. The rain is supposed to clear out Thursday, so that's my next chance to make a trip to the quilt store. In the meantime, I've been playing with arrangements and this is what I have on the wall today.


I didn't get as much done on my ToDo list as I would have liked, but again, I wasn't home for a couple of days and the weekend was a bust. Here's how last week's list turned out.

1. Put name and date on the Snowball Blossom quilt.

2. Finish the one side of sweater makeover.

x3. Put borders on all the Sampler blocks.

4. Think of a name for the Sampler blocks. It's name is Ameliorate! As I've completed the three unfinished blocks, and worked on a plan to make all the blocks the same size, I could see where my quilting skills have improved, or ameliorated, since I first began.

x5. Buy design board flannel and get it washed and ironed.



So this week's list will be much the same.

1. Finish the sweater makeover. This has been a challenge. I bought wide twill ribbon to replace the zipper, which was also held on with twill ribbon. I put the ribbon on the one side where I had removed the zipper, and it was really stiff. So I ripped that out and tried to think of something that was soft and a little stretchy. I finally decided to use strips from an old bar towel and it worked perfectly. Now I need to shorten the sleeves. The sweater was also a little short, so I decided to add some fringe. I'm not sure if I like it or not.


2. Put borders on Sampler blocks. I hope I can get to the store for more fabric.
3. I still haven't thought of a name. Maybe when the blocks are all finished and up on the wall, something will come to me.
4. Buy design board batting. I am not thrilled with the flannel on the other boards and decided to try some batting on the next ones.
5. Make a receiving blanket. Nothing special, just something to go with the Snowball Blossom. I don't piece these, just put two fabrics back to back.

I'm late getting to the party, but there should be a lot of inspiration there by now. I'm joining these:



4 comments:

  1. I like the borders you're putting on your sampler blocks! Hope you can find the right fabric to continue what you've been doing. I have batting on my design wall, and I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sampler blocks are looking pretty spiffy with the light frames and the dark sashing. That's going to be a very nice finish. Hopefully you were able to get some more background fabric and have made some additional progress this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sampler blocks are looking great - I hope you got more off white fabric for setting them. It really lets each block shine on its own by doing that. Thanks for linking with Design Wall Monday, Judy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.