Sunday, February 2, 2020

Sunday Sewing Week 5

I spent more time this week looking for the right fabric and planning a layout than I did with any sewing. And an evening was spent with a magnifying glass and the ripper. But all that is done now. Plans have been made and fabric bought. Yes, sad to say, I had to buy fabric to complete this quilt. After all the blocks have been made with reproduction civil war fabrics, I just couldn't put anything else with them. Buying that fabric put me over my beginning stash total, which set me back in my stash reduction goal. But a little stitching every day kept me at 100% with my stitching.



Linking to:
15 Minutes to Stitch at Life in Pieces
Sunday Stash at QuiltPaintCreate

6 comments:

  1. Yippee on the 100% stitching time!! I am at 80% right now, but know that total will increase with more days sewing than not as the year passes. I was better this week on fabric out, but still in the hole for the year. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting in some stitching time every day. Sorry about the hit to the stash, but it will mean you get a UFO off the list sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ladies, tell me how you keep track of it, because I find I wouldn't know where to start! Marti, I'm doing Quilt Doodle's BOM as well. I love her work. I've been doing it for years now. We've got to compare. Good luck on your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes you just need to buy the perfect fabric to go with your quilt, and the good news is that you have 11 more months to turn the numbers around if you want!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do have to have the right fabric. And I'm sure as the year progresses you will work it all out and be stash busting again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marti, you along with many others are still at 100%. I missed a day last week and have already broken that streak. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.