Tuesday, February 25, 2020

To Do Tuesday Week 25

I burned the midnight oil working on that QAYG and made a decision about how to quilt Ameliorate Sampler - I am going to finish the top into a flimsy and put it aside until I have my quilting frame up. This method of QAYG seems to be as much work, or more, than traditional quilting. Or maybe I just need a lot more practice. I still need to put on the top row and I am not looking forward to it. If I start dreading something about quilting, I might as well not be quilting.

Here it is after last night's marathon:


It absolutely didn't work to put the sashing on the blocks first, and yet, adding it as another row with new batting was also difficult. With the last row, I'll put an extra length of batting on the blocks and add the sashing as a row and see if it has less bulk that way. However, my chief objection to QAYG is that no matter which method used, there is always going to be the telltale stitching on the front, and I can't find a way around that.

But on to my weekly goals, and actually on Tuesday too. Here's how last week's goals worked out.

1. Get Celebrate Freedom to the flimsy (or fluffy) stage.

2. Make two rows of blocks for the next trial quilt.

I even finished more than two rows of blocks for the second trial quilt. I need to be a little more ambitious for this last week of February though since I haven't even finished all the blocks for Ameliorate Sampler. Since I need to finish it for my OMG, it is my number one priority. The other goals are just in case I finish it.

1. Finish Ameliorate Sampler into a flimsy.


2. Have a quilting weekend Friday and Saturday. Easier said than done since we may buy a new-to-us travel trailer today and have no where to put it.
3. Take down my design wall and finish the wall behind it. If this sounds familiar, that is because it is one of my goals from the first week in January. I didn't really know what I wanted to do with the wall then, but I do now. This alone should keep me busy for a week, but I'm going to try to get it done in a day.


4. Find a March UFO for One Monthly Goal

Linking to:




3 comments:

  1. Hi Marti! I have a dislike of QAYG for the exact same reason. Have to searched around to see if anyone has a solution for that stitching on the front? On one hand, the concept is nice to be able to quilt in small pieces. But on the other hand, I don't like how the pieces get joined or how they look. I suspect that travel trailer may put a big crimp in your project list going forward! While you CAN sew on the road, do you WANT to?!! Thanks for linking up today. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't sure I'd like that part of the QAYG either. But for quilts, I would think that would be OK. Hope you've been able to power through your list for last week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never done QAYG for that reason. Just not fond of the look although your quilt looks wonderful so maybe I'll change my mind. Thanks for sharing your project and your goals on Wednesday Wait Loss. I hope you made great progress on them!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.