Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Quilt As You Go Progress

I've joined six blocks so far, two single blocks and two sections of two blocks each. The two single blocks were easy to join and easy to quilt. The first two block section was difficult to put together until I decided to use spray basting. The batting definitely needs to be stitched on the least stretchy side. The first time I put it on, it stretched and made ripples all along the seam. The second two block section went on easier, but was a lot harder to quilt because of the extra bulk. I have had my free motion foot since we moved here, but when we moved all of my mother-in-law's stuff here, I had to pack up all my sewing and I haven't seen it again. So at the moment, I'm limited to using my walking foot for quilting and that means a lot of turning the bulk of the quilt. When I do the next trial quilt, I'll quilt from one side to the other to alleviate that problem.


Today, I'm joining:




4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are learning a lot about the process, which was the intent. Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A project is worthwhile if we learn something from it. This is looking great! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.