Sunday, February 16, 2020

End of Week 7 Sewing Reports

I used a bit of fabric this week and have finally dropped below my first of the year fabric total again. The reason I used this much fabric is that I started a new quilt. I know, I know, I said I wouldn't start any new quilts until I finished all my UFOs, but there is a good reason for this quilt. I want to quilt my Ameliorate Sampler using a method of Quilt-as-You-Go that I have never done before and I need to make a similarly constructed quilt to see if it will work. I certainly don't want to ruin the sampler at this point.

I have spent a lot of time in the sewing room this week too, well over 15 minutes every day trying to get this quilt ready to quilt. I cut the strips and some of the blocks Wednesday night, and started making blocks Thursday. Friday we decided to make a run to Fort Worth and I didn't get into the sewing room until late. We had to go back again Saturday, and that wiped out a good part of the day. By late Saturday, I had most of the blocks sewn into strips and felt a rush of triumph that I would finally get to start quilting. Then I remembered I have to make the same number of blocks for the backing pieces. Bummer. I'll start those this afternoon, and may start quilting on a couple just to see how it goes.



Linking to:
and
Sunday Stash at QuiltPaintCreate

4 comments:

  1. Your Design wall is looking beautiful. You definitely have been stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you had a great week on both the stash busting and the finding time to stitch front! Good luck with your trial quilt as you go. I want to try that at some point. Maybe next year once I get a few quilts moved to the finished list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great week on all fronts! I am intrigued by your quilt as you go method, so will be watching for illumination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you love it when a plan comes together?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.