Saturday, February 17, 2018

Glory Box Wallhanging

Began 2013, Finished 2018



I finished the binding yesterday, but needed to wash it before taking a picture because I used pink chalk on it and it just would not come out. I used Warm and Natural batting, and even though I washed it gently, the batting did shrink. That cozy, wrinkled look is nice on a bed quilt, but I'd rather not see it on a wallhanging. Oh well. It was a quilting practice anyway. This was my third goal on my list of First Quarter FAL quilts too.

I'll try to iron it when it is totally dry, and then it will hang here on the bedroom wall in my 5th wheel.

Linking to:
Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday at Kathy's Kwilts and More
Finish It Up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts

UFO Busting at Tish's Adventures in Wonderland
First Quarter FAL Finishes at Sew of Course

11 comments:

  1. Hi Marti I love this,well done my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to suggest ironing, but you already thought of that .... I think it's beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely wall hanging.
    Do hope its iron out for you..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the optical illusion you added to that inner frame. Beautifully done! Congrats on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my favorite. So fall like. I think you can iron out the wrinkles when it's dry. I'm pretty sure you'll pull that off.

    Have a fabulous day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful! I love that you added a flanged binding, it's always a little pop of fun before the actual binding. The quilting looks so good too! Can't wait to see what project you tackle next.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's why I try to avoid marking at all cost. You just never know when it's NOT going to disappear!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely addition to your 5th wheel. Glad to hear the marker came out. Congratulations on the finish. And on behalf of all our hosts, thank you for joining in the Finish-A-Long!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a lovely finish. I like the way the orange strips seem to wrap around things, and they also give it a light lift.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you. I wanted that to look like ribbon, but I'm not sure it looks like that to anyone except me.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.