Friday, March 6, 2020

Barnyard QAYG





I'm calling this finished, but it's really not. The center blocks are only basted for now. When I find my rulers, I'll take out the basting and use it for practice. This quilt-as-you-go (QAYG) was made using Joy Morgan's method and it was a bear to attach that last row. It does look more like a traditional quilt than the sashing strip method, but I won't be doing it again. I tried to make my back seams land so that the stitching on the front was a quarter inch from the seam, but it didn't always work out.

For the back, I would have liked to have used just one fabric on all the blocks, but I didn't have enough of anything and didn't want to buy any. So I chose a couple that looked ok with each other and the binding fabric I had chosen. The fabric on the front has chickens facing both up and down, but the cat fabric I used on the back has cats facing just one direction. So I made them face up on one end and down on the other end. Then, when it's draped over a sofa or chair, everything will be right side up on both sides. That's probably something that won't matter to anyone but me.


Linking to:


3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your almost-finish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I think that back looks really great - and the quilt itself is pretty cool! Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the finish! It looks good, you'd never know you'd had all those issues with the QAYG method. It's always good to remember, done is better than perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.