Monday, March 9, 2020

Design Wall Monday and To Do Tuesday Week 11


On the design wall today is an oldie but goodie. It is a UFO from 2004. Yes, these blocks have been sitting in a box for sixteen years. It's about time it is finished, don't you think? The original mystery design didn't include any borders, but I want to add a border and continue the effect of stars around a sun. It's name is Scottish Sun.

Now a look at goals. Last week, my goals were:
X1. Take down my design wall and finish the wall behind it - and I didn't touch it.
2. Finish Barnyard Quilt
X3. Finish the sweater makeover. I worked on it, but didn't finish.
4. Think of a new design for the Celebrate Freedom Quilt and recut the blocks - and I finished it too.

I am going to be a little more ambitious this week with these goals:
1. Join three rows of Scottish Sun blocks
2. Design borders with remaining fabric
3. Make floor mats for gransons's chair
4. Take down design wall and finish wall behind it
5. Finish sweater makeover

Linking to:


6 comments:

  1. It's definitely worth finishing up. If it makes you feel any better, my oldest UFO dates from 2005, so you are in good company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is screaming to be finished and I think borders will pull it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marti! I'll bet if I really thought about it, I could come up with a UFO from that era. It would probably be a cross stitch item though. Big congrats to you for pulling it out and working on it. I think you did great on your list except that darn design wall thing. Here's to another productive week and thanks for linking up today. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some of my projects are like that - they just don't seem to want to be finished. Great job! perseverance is a great quality. Thanks for linking with Design Wall Monday, and showing me your written goals. I like that. Judy

    "You aren't going to find anybody that's going to be successful without making a sacrifice and without perseverance." Lou Holtz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scottish Sun looks like a neat design, and kudos for getting it out to finish! I have a couple UFOs that are probably that old, too. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.