Monday, March 30, 2020

Design Wall and ToDo's

I don't know why I am even making this post, because absolutely nothing has changed. Maybe that's why I need to write this post, because someday, months or years from now, I'll wonder what we did during the Covid 19 Shelter at Home. My blogs are a wonderful resource for my memory lapses. And I want to remember that this wasn't just a time when people lazed about at home. We kept an ear to the news, watching the spread of the virus across the states, and here at home trying to keep working and keep food on the table amid concerns of being exposed to the virus.

On a personal front, quilting has not been Number One on either my "Want to do" or my "Have to do" list. I've been making face masks and other personal items like cloth substitute for Kleenex, toilet paper, and paper towels, which are impossible to find at stores now. I've also been spending more time with the grandsons, and I have a post for my DIY blog in my mind that I need to get written. Plus, my mom has been in the hospital with her heart issues again, and I need to find an assisted living place for her down here. So many things going on right now, it's hard to sit still for quilting.

So if this design wall looks the same as last week, that's why. If my quilting mojo doesn't return soon, I may have to check it for cobwebs.


Last week's ToDo list:
X1. Finish sweater makeover
X2. Join three rows of Scottish Sun blocks
X3. Design borders for Scottish Sun
4. Make ten face masks
This week will be the same, except I will ask the local nursing home if there is something else they need. I've read so many things about what to do for people with the virus and a lot of them differ. But most say that keeping warm and covered, even with the fever is very important. I know when my mother-in-law was at this nursing home, that their blankets are very thin.

1. Finish sweater makeover
2. Join three rows of Scottish Sun blocks
3. Design borders for Scottish Sun
4. Make 25 face masks for the nursing home

I hope you are having a better week with your quilting than I am and that you and your loved ones are staying healthy. See you next week as we link to:



3 comments:

  1. Sometimes quilting just isn't in the cards and you have other things that bring more comfort. You'll get back to the stitching stuff when it's right. Sorry your mother isn't doing well, that has to be hard to not be able to visit. They've stopped all hospital visits here, so I'm assuming it's the same there. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marti! I am so sorry to hear about your mom. That is stressful under normal circumstances but to have her in the hospital in the midst of this has to be even more so. {{Hugs}} I'm glad you took the time to write everything down, though. Sometimes just telling friends who can understand and are nonjudgmental is a huge relief. I'll certainly add your mom and family to my prayers. {{Hugs}} Good luck on your list this week - if you get to it, that's nice and if not?! Oh well. Thanks so much for linking up this week and stay safe. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's understandable that you are off your quilting game at the moment. We are all affected by this virus and finding different ways to cope.
    I hope you manage to sort something for your mother.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.