Sunday, March 15, 2020

Sunday Sewing Week 11




Other than this floor pad, I haven't done much this week. I made the floor pad with duck cloth which I hope is a little tougher than quilting cotton. Instead of batting, I used old towels. Have your towels ever done this?



I hate when that happens to towels! I cut off those scrunched ends along with the edges, and stitched two towels together to make it big enough. Hopefully, it will absorb smaller spills before they get to my concrete floor. A word about polished concrete floors if anyone is considering them. Don't! They etch worse than marble.

Allrighty then, on to the reports. I used two yards of duck and a quarter yard of quilting cotton binding making the pad, so not a bad week for usage.



I didn't have such a great week with my daily sewing and I missed two days. After babysitting Thursday, I was too tired to even think about sewing, much less climb the stairs to do it and Friday was errands day. I hadn't been to the grocery store for more than a handful of items in a couple of months and was out of everything. I was going to go to Costco, but after hearing about the crowds on tv, I decided to go to Walmart in a small town nearby. Let me tell you, Friday was not the day to go to Walmart, even in a small town. Not only were they out of many normal grocery items, it was packed. By the time I got home and made dinner, I was wiped out. So no sewing Friday either.



Linking to:


2 comments:

  1. The shops are just madness at the moment, I'm avoiding them as much as I can!
    This floor pad is such a great idea, when my kids were little we just had an old shower curtain spread out under their chairs to try and minimise the mess, this is much better.
    I love your idea of counting your stash in and out as you use it, what a great way to stay accountable. Thank you so much for joining us at Handmade Monday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marti! Thanks for sharing the link to your chair pad. I think using Duck cloth is a fabulous idea. In fact, I have some that I don't know what to use it for . . . and this gives me some inspiration. Oh man, I hear you about being too tired after babysitting and running errands. We tried to go grocery shopping after work last Friday - OMG! People were nuts and the stores were out of everything. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.