Sunday, March 8, 2020

Sewing Reports Week 10

Have you ever been sewing away, pedal to the metal, and all of a sudden your quilt won't move through the machine? That happened to me today when I was putting binding on a quilt. I checked my bobbin; I checked my big spool; and I checked to see if there was a pin stuck in the feed dogs. Nothing. I was beginning to think my feed dogs had broken when I happened to notice the cat was missing from his bed beside my sewing table. I looked on the other side, and there he was, cuddled on the quilt that had draped over the table onto the floor. After moving him back to his bed, all was well again. I thought about leaving him there because he doesn't move around much these days, but I had to get it done.

It was an interesting week in the sewing space. After the grandsons had been here all afternoon for a few days in a row, the attic sewing space became my therapy room, a calm place to de-stress. I never knew sewing could do that for me. On those high stress days, I logged in much more than 15 minutes, but the other week days were about average. Hubby spent Saturday afternoon on his radio, so I followed suit by spending the afternoon sewing. I am back to a 99% success rate in daily stitching.


The stash report is looking better too. I cut binding for two quilts this week and used a half yard for each. I have made an effort to use backing fabric from my stash even if I didn't really like it and that is helping. I may make my 15% reduction goal yet.


Linking to:


3 comments:

  1. Wow, I have never tried to figure out how many yards I have in my stash. Plus, the scraps will have hundreds of quilts. I don't even want to think about that. I tend to just look at what my net (hopefully) loss is in fabric used. That tells me I'm making progress. I even see a few spots with holes in the piles. That is really a good feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on your stitching time report - it sure is nice to relax with some sewing (or stitching for me) at the end of the day - I usually find my time to be a nice stress-reliever as well, except when something is going awry with the machine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on all the stitching time and on the stash usage. Sounds like it was a busy, but good week.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.