Friday, May 11, 2018

Antique Tiles Quilt






This Antique Tiles quilt was my One Monthly Goal for May.  The reason I finished it so early this month is because it was also my OMG for April!

Yesterday was my quilt group day. After I got home in the afternoon, I was in such a roll that I finished quilting the borders and got them all on before bedtime. It was a long day of sewing and I must have been a little brain dead when I was sewing on the last border. I thought I was holding the quilt up enough to prevent drag, but it just wasn't sewing right. I checked and the thread wasn't hung up, the quilt wasn't hung on anything on the machine, but the quilt was definitely tight against the edge of my sewing table. I looked over the edge, and there was Buddy T. Cat sitting on the edge that was on the floor. I think he might have claimed this quilt.

This morning I cut the binding strips and finally finished the binding on the Antique Tile quilt this afternoon. This was supposed to be my April UFO finish, but it became my May UFO, now finished!

It's really windy here on the farm today, so I talked Hubby into taking me into town where the buildings could block some of the breezeI also talked him into holding the quilt for a photo. The last time I posted, I thought I might make another yellow plaid border, but it didn't look good, so I left the green at four inches and used the magic binding because it is wider. Hubby likes the back better than the front. That's the beauty of QAYG.

If you are checking in to see what post number this is, it is number 999! Tomorrow is the giveaway!

Linking to:
Finish it Up Friday at crazy mom quilts
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? at Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday at Summer Lee Quilts
Finished or Not Friday at Busy Hands Quilts
One Monthly Goal Finish at Elm Street Quilts

13 comments:

  1. It is really pretty! Congratulations on finishing. It turned out well, and I know Buddy will enjoy it (LOL).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have to make him something else. My mother-in-law claimed this one today.

      Delete
  2. Very pretty. And I agree - that QAYG back is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the finish. I like both the front and the back. QAYG is something I really want to try. Did you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice quilt. Those fabrics are beautiful as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks lovely! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like how your quit turned out. The fabrics are nice and go well with the quilt pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this! I like the way you have set up your goals in the sidebar, too. That's a great way to keep on track, I think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan. The sidebar is helping me stay motivated.

      Delete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.