Sunday, May 20, 2018

Sewing Room Sunday

My stash reduction was already looking good on Wednesday when a friend mentioned that she needed some children's fabrics for some donation quilts she was making. Every time I looked at my stack of children's quilts I wondered what I was going to do with them, so I pulled out the last fabrics I bought to make a baby quilt and gave her the rest. Now if I can get that baby quilt made soon, I can free up a big section in my stash cabinet. That made a big boost in my stash report. Big for me anyway.

My 15 Minute Challenge isn't looking that great. I started off well and thought I was going to get in a lot of sewing this week, but as I mentioned yesterday, life got in the way. It's also getting really hot in my attic sewing space. Something's got to give, and quickly or my sewing will come to an abrupt halt.

With my stash report, I am most interested in my overall stash total, and how much I've added or taken from it each week.  But today I was curious how much I've actually bought and sewed and whether I am using more than I am adding, so I spent a few minutes picking out those numbers.
Used YTD:     31.75 Yards
Bought YTD: 24.00 Yards
I'm encouraged to see that I am using more than I have bought, though it was a little surprising to see that I've bought that much this year.



Now I'm off to the airport to pick up my beloved plumber husband.

Linking to:
15 Minute Challenge at Life in Pieces
Sunday Stash at QuiltPaintCreate

3 comments:

  1. Your numbers look good. The purchases can sneak up on you, but you haven't bought that much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can sneak up. I knew I had bought more than I planned (which was $0, but I had no idea it was 20 yards. Those little quarters and halves add up quickly.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on having used more than you've purchased. That's always a good start on the stash reduction front. Sorry your week got in the way of your stitching plans. It's sad when that happens. Hope you can figure out the temperature control for the attic. My sewing room is on the west end of the house, so I have the same problem in the summer.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.