Monday, May 28, 2018

Blogger Problem with Email Notifications

I check my email several times a day, and I had just about decided that this separate blog for stitching was not a good idea because I haven't had a comment since May 24. Then I thought to look in my dashboard at the comments, and there WERE comments! I know I didn't change my notifications but I thought I must have done something when I backed up my main blog to move it here and to wordpress.

But then I checked my barndominium blog, and did a test comment, and didn't get a notification. To check further, I checked another blog I set up when I was trying out a new idea, and it has a yahoo email while this block has microsoft. Nope, no notifications from it either.

If you are having a problem with notifications, would you comment here? And if you are having a problem AND find a solution, would you definitely post that here? I've posted the problem on a blogger support forum but so far no response.

5 comments:

  1. I checked the Blogger Help Forum this morning, there was a reply to one of the posts that Google is "tweaking" it's email system and they hope to have it working within the next week. But that's all that's posted, nothing on their blog about the issue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leave the first comment on your blog post and click the notify me box. For a temp fix.....good luck. Wr are all frustrated with the change.if it aint broke dont fix it lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you know that the notify me box is only there if the comment box is embedded? If it is set to popup or full page, there is no notify me check box.

      Delete
  3. I don't use blogger, but I have had several people comment about this issue, or that it went to their spam folder. Just letting you know you aren't alone! =) I notice that on this comment box, I HAVE to either use my google account or leave my name and a url or be anonymous. It doesn't allow posting a comment with any of the other options, like WordPress, LiveJournal, Open ID, etc. I don't know if that's connected, but it is something I've noticed on a few of the blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogger did away with open ID. I have the same content on wordpress. I haven't noticed if they have changed any comment options.

      Delete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.