Monday, May 21, 2018

Working on the Disappearing Four Patch

Welcome to my new blog!  It seemed to me that the sewing and quilting posts needed to be separated from the rest of my assorted posts.  I thought about doing it once before, but didn't have the time to do it then, but I have time now, so we'll see how it goes.  Everything else is still at The Next Fifty Years

      💟  💟  💟  💟  💟  💟  💟  💟  💟  💟  💟  💟  💟  💟  💟  💟  💟  💟  💟  💟  💟  💟  💟  💟  💟  💟  💟

I started looking at the two Disappearing Four Patch blocks I had completed, and I noticed that I hadn't done the center piece the same.  I looked at some finished quilts online and saw that in some the centers were one way and in some they were the other way.  And some of them switched the outer pieces as well.  So I decided which way I liked it best and ripped out the center in the other block and turned it around.

I know it looks like I haven't gotten much done, and I haven't.  I started looking at the string blocks I make as leaders and enders and thought of a new way to put those together, and well, I got completely distracted with that and forgot about the DFP blocks I was supposed to be doing.  Please tell me I'm not the only one who does that!



Linking to:
Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt
Main Crush Monday at Cooking Up Quilts Moving it Forward at Em's Scrapbag
Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts

5 comments:

  1. I love D4P. Yes indeed you are not alone, I get distracted right along with the best of them, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can get distracted doing nothing. It's amazing.

    Have a fabulous day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I can too, but I have never forgotten about a project WHILE I was working on it. lol

      Delete
  3. Honey, I can get distracted walking from my living room to my sewing room! Welcome to the crowd! :) Your blocks are so very pretty! A D4P is a great pattern! I'm always surprised by how pretty they come out! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good! I try very hard not to get distracted, but some days that's just the way it goes. But progress on any project is good, so no worries right?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.