Saturday, May 5, 2018

Sunday Sewing Reports

Not a bad week for both sewing and stash use. There is an unecessary blot on the stash report though. I have been trying to figure out what to use for borders on the Antique Tiles quilt. I can't find any blues with the same blue-gray color and don't want to use more yellow, so I've been trying out some of the minor colors in the quilt. There's pink, which looks really hideous with the yellow-gold in the quilt; another blue, so that's out; orange, which also looked bad with the yellow, and green. I had a half yard or less of a green that looked good, but I thought I could do better. After going to a couple of stores, I finally settled on a vibrant dark green from my LQS. I had taken my quilt with me to shop for fabric, and up close, it looks good. But I forgot to take the time to back off and look at the overall picture, and when I did that at home, I didn't like it. I even forgot my sure fire method of seeing how fabric colors work together: taking off my glasses and letting the colors merge together. So there's a yard of fabric bought that I didn't need after all.



This morning Hubby looked out the window and saw deer tracks over the septic tank.  Again.  We can't keep them from walking over it.  A fence didn't stop them either, they just hopped over it and then out again.  Curious to see where the deer was going, Hubby looked around the corner of the barndo and this is where the tracks led.  My newly sprouted garden!


It's muddy and the tracks near the garden aren't clear, but they are deer tracks.  Now I have to figure out how to keep them from nibbling my beets and trompling through them to get to other things.

Linking to:
15 Minute Challenge at Life in Pieces
Sunday Stash at QuiltPaintCreate

8 comments:

  1. That happens sometimes. You're still ahead though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't the first time I've bought fabric and then couldn't use it.

      Delete
  2. You'll use that yard somewhere else. I know you will.

    Have a fabulous day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deer are beautiful and determined creatures. We had a similar experience with wild life when we first built our home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! I bet we have HOGS walking over our septic tank. Well -not now - not the tank itself because we did hog fence around the house. But I would bet they are all over the "field" - now I worry about them "bulldozing" that area as they tend to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes! Hogs are heavy AND destructive. The deer around here are pretty small. I was going to ask the septic inspector when he came next time and wouldn'tl you know it, he came today while we were gone.

      Delete
  5. I hate it when that happens. Hopefully it will find a home in another project soon (or end up as backing?)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.