Sunday, May 27, 2018

Sewing Room Sunday May 26

I thought every week this month was going to be my last week of sewing in the attic, but I've managed to suck it up for several days every week. There's just something about sweat dripping down my back and fabric sticking to my sweaty hands that takes the fun out of quilting. I know. I am such a wimp. Though now I do have a better appreciation for women who sewed in factories before air conditioning. Compared to them, I have it made.

But good news is on the horizon. Hubby ordered the first of our air conditioners and it should be here Monday or Tuesday. Best of all, it is for the attic! Why install an a/c in the attic? Well, it will be our experiment with a mini split system. If it works out, we'll put them in our living space downstairs. If not, we'll use it to cool the mechanical space in the attic. I am really excited about it and hope it works as well as we've heard.

Despite my whining, I did get a bit done this week. The Disappearing Four Patch is coming along and I am almost caught up on my RSC blocks. I am making the D4P for our 5th wheel and I'd like it to coordinate with the colors in there. If you've ever been in a travel trailer, they tend to have the same decor throughout. I'd describe the style as monotonous monochromatic. Too much color in a small space would look cluttered, so while these are not the colors I would have chosen, they are easy to live with. Unfortunately, because they are not the colors I would have chosen, I don't have anything in my stash to use and had to buy some fabric. Just when my reduction was looking better than my additions, ba-bam! It's over.

This week's stash report:
Fabric In: 3.25 yards
Fabric Out: 3 yards
Total of .25 yard added to stash
Bringing new stash total to 376.50 yards.

This week's 15 Minute Stitching Challenge report:
Sewed 5 days out of 7 for the week
Brought yearly total to 97 out of 146 days
Success rate of 66%.

Linking to:
Sunday Stash May at QuiltPaintCreate
15 Minute Challenge at Life in Pieces

2 comments:

  1. You might not sew every day, but you are sewing many hours, so it averages out. Yay on the A/C! My opinion is that you only raised your stash by one fat quarter, and it's important to have colors you think go well together!

    I actually liked the colors in our 5th wheel. We had an Arctic Fox, and there were solid dark teal blue and a print over it to decorate all the windows. Of course, I don't remember what the sofa was, 'cause we tossed it out and put in two glider rockers for about the same weight, and there was a quilt on the bed in scrappy colors. =) I miss that thing so much! My nephew loves living in it, though, and he did need a home, and I didn't need the 5th wheel. =) It was just so darned convenient. It's amazing how you can have so much more space, and have it all be less convenient!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for the AC unit! I can't imagine sewing without air conditioning, you definitely should get little stars by each of those days you managed to endure the heat to get in some stitching time. Do you try to sew in the mornings, when it's cooler? Or does other life stuff get in the way of you being able to do that?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.