Monday, May 14, 2018

On the Design Wall

I've made quite a few of the four patch blocks for the Disappearing Four Patch but only one finished D4P. And now I can see why the ladies were struggling Thursday. Remember I said my job was to cut the completed four patch blocks?



If you have made a Disappearing Four Patch, tell me which way you pressed. I am finding, just the ladies Thursday, that I press to the dark and after making the final cuts, repressing again.

Linking to:
Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt
Moving it Foward at Em's Scrapbag

6 comments:

  1. I generally press toward the dark, but in some cases, with small pieces, I press seams open. I've never made a disappearing nine patch, so I don't know about pressing that block.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hum, I made that a long time ago so I have no idea which way I pressed. I do press some seams open so it helps with the bulky seams problems. Maybe just plan to repress as needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't a clue how to do any of this. Greek to me, but you've done some beautiful work.

    Thanks for sending me the chicken recipe. Going to give that a try.

    Have a fabulous week, Marti. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think this Disappearing Four Patch is going to be fun.

      Delete
  4. Marti: I am liking this design.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another block that is on my bucket list for some day. Sorry, I'm no help on the pressing question.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.