Saturday, May 26, 2018

Scrappy Saturday

This is the last pink Saturday and I still need to make one more block. I hated to buy fabric for a scrap project, but I just don't have pink scraps, or maybe they are still packed in a box somewhere. Anyway, here are my RSC 2018 blocks, minus two pink blocks. My other photo was too blurry.


I'm working on another scrappy quilt, a Disappearing Four Patch, and the more blocks I make, the less I like it. It may be the colors, but the color scheme of our trailer is mainly tans and browns and I need it to blend. I've used some blues and greens to throw some color into it. I hope it starts looking better to me as it builds.


I talked about pressing the seams of the D4P in other posts. This is how I decided it worked best for me. Some of the seams are pressed to the dark and a two are pressed to the light so they would nest with the seams. Maybe this will help someone someday.



Linking to:
Scraphappy Saturday at soscrappy
UFO Busting at Tish's Adventures in Wonderland

10 comments:

  1. You've gotten a great start on the snowball project. Figuring out how to press the seams for a project is always a puzzler for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your snowballs. If you have only one pink it will really sparkle in the quilt, so maybe you could just make an extra in another color. I always have to think through the seams, too. If you don't like your d4p, you could always finish what you have into a baby quilt and start on something else. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea. This is going to be a baby quilt. I thought it might be generic enough to be for either girl or boy, but with pink, it will be a girl quilt.

      Delete
  3. I like how your snowball blocks are growing and with one yellow corner they look like flowers for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute snowball blocks! I think Disappearing Four Patch is one of those blocks that needs lots of friends to start looking good. Then you can see the various plaid sorts of patterns that show up when you put them together. I hope you get inspired by that project soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the Disappearing block. Thanks for sharing how you press the seams.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both sets of blocks look good to me. I don't have a lot of pink, either. I never buy it. I have some raspberry colors to go with the lime greens for my tall churn dash blocks, but otherwise, any pinks came from scrap bags. I'm lucky not many pinks do! I think what might bother you about the D4P is that it does seem overall sort of dark. That's what would bother me, anyway - mine was reds and whites and I loved it. Maybe what you need is a quilt that is a bright and happy contrast to the dark, but still has off-white background?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your disappearing four patches are looking great! I think when you get more blocks together you will feel the love more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I hope you're right. I hope I can hit it again next week.

      Delete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.