Sunday, May 13, 2018

Week 19 Sewing Report Sunday

Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's out there!

Both my reports look better this week even though I only sewed four out of seven days. This time of year, four days is good. I also started a new quilt for the first time this year so that made a dent in the stash. I vowed that this year would be the year of UFOs, and I am still on track for finishing one each month, but we need a lightweight quilt in summer.

At quilt group this week, the leaders decided to make a Disappearing Four Patch. I've made a Disappearing Hourglass and it was pretty easy, but a few of the ladies just couldn't grasp the concept of making a four patch and cutting it into pieces. And then they struggled with what order to put it together and how to press the seams. My job was cutting the finished four patches so I wondered if it was really that difficult. Granted, the printed pattern they were using was short on information. It was basically just a few pictures. So I decided to make a Disappearing Four Patch, a scrappy Disappearing Four Patch for myself. I'll be making it without batting so it should be easier to quilt also.



That's it for this week. Check out the two links below to see how others have spent their time and their stash this week. Don't forget, my drawing for the Windham Fairly There kit runs through tomorrow.

Linking to:
15 Minute Challenge at Life in Pieces
Sunday Stash at QuiltPaintCreate

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you. And it feels so good to start a new quilt now too.

      Delete
  2. Awesome numbers. I know that sometimes our brains work different from others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on a successful week with the stitching and stash busting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marti: Happy Mothers Day, I am not a quilter and plan on looking up the disappearing four patch.
    Good luck on the UFO's anytime spent quilting and crafting is a good use of time, I like your fifteen minute challenge chart, very interesting.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.