Monday, December 17, 2018

2019 Quilting Goals

As I said before, I've been thinking about this for awhile, trying to decide what I want to accomplish in 2019. Things are so up in the air with me that it's hard to plan too far out, but optimistically, this is what I'd like to do in 2019.

1. UFOs are my priority. I'd like to finish all I have, but I have to be realistic and remember how much longer it takes me to do things now. Rather than list the UFOs here, I'll just say that I am going to join Patty at Elm Street Quilts with her monthly OMG (One Monthly Goal) linky parties. Even though I stopped quilting this year when it got really hot, I don't think that will stop me in 2019. Something else might, but not the heat.

2. I am going to continue linking to Kate's weekly 15 Minute Challenge at Life in Pieces, where my goal is a 70% success rate for the year, but I am going to limit linking to other linky parties to once a month for each one. I don't have anything new each week anyway and linking to parties takes time, both to make the posts and to visit and comment on other blogs, and who can see all those pretties without visiting?

3. This isn't a quilting goal as much as it is an sewing room goal, but here it is. When, not just if, we get our house finished to the point of being able to unpack and move things down, I'd like to make my sewing space in the attic a little more convenient. Hopefully, that will be early in 2019.

4. I want to participate in soscrappy's Monthly Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I think that will help me finish some UFOs and make more giveaway quilts too.

5. I want to participate in the Garden Sunshine BOM at Quilt Doodle Designs. Her quilts always inspire me.

6. If I start any new quilts, other than BOMs, I want to finish them before moving on to the next.

7. After finishing my list, I thought of something else I've been wanting to do for awhile. I'd like to find a daytime quilt guild. The one I've belonged to meets at night and is now twenty miles away. None of my local friends go to the meetings because they don't drive at night either. lol. If not a daytime guild, maybe I can find another sewing group. My sewing group disbanded last month.

That's probably enough to keep me busy all year. I have most of this listed on my right sidebar, along with buttons to the various websites mentioned above. Now to go find all the UFOs I want to finish, so I can complete that list. Join me as I link to the 2019 Planning Party at Quilting Jet Girl.

12 comments:

  1. These sound like great goals, Marti. I hope that by creating them it will help you feel focused and successful throughout the year. I wish you all the best in 2019 and thank you so much for linking up with the Planning Party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It does keep me focused, and helps if I put them in the sidebar so I don't forget them by February.

      Delete
  2. UFOs are always around, ha ha. Best of luck with all of your 2019 goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably so, and some of them probably some of them weren't finished for good reason. In my case, it's usually that I got distracted while making it and then never got back to it. Some though, were put aside out of frustration and I dread going back to whatever problem it was.

      Delete
  3. Seems like a very reasonable set of goals. I hope you can get the sewing space set up and ready to go. It's so much easier to be consistent when you are all set up and can pop in stitch and make the time count.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I hope we start the year off with sheetrock being done downstairs. I've given up on getting anyone in this year.

      Delete
  4. Oh, yes, once I looked at the sidebar, I could see how this could keep you busy all year! Best of luck, Marti! And on the house, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anyone else could probably whip out a quilt in a week, but it takes me forever (it seems) and I still don't keep up with housework when I'm quilting. I don't know how they do i

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a good and busy year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the best with these goals, always hard to finish something before starting something new. I thought about the rainbow scrappy challenge but then I'd be starting another new thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure the rainbow challenge is a good idea for me either, except I need to finish the one I already started. I'm actually getting low on scraps. Too many scrappy quilts lately I guess.

      Delete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.