Saturday, December 15, 2018

Scrappy Saturday Wallhanging



I didn't work on this wallhanging much this week. I made some paper pieces to square it off, and prior to taking a picture this morning, I noticed one corner was put in wrong. I had to rip it out and make a new piece. I also found that while I prefer using paper to secure the fabric to the smaller paper pieces before stitching, I much prefer a temporary glue for the larger pieces. I hope to finish this to the flimsy stage next week.

I have quilt blocks on the design board and Hubby is chomping at the bit to do a little construction on that wall, so my plans are to finish those blocks as quickly as I can (and they are going slowly) and get the blocks back into a project box until January.  I'll have plenty of handwork to keep my busy until I can get my design wall back up.

Linking to:
ScrapHappy Saturday at soscrappy.
Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That's true. The next part of this quilt is going to be machine sewn, so that will make it faster and easier.

      Delete
  2. So striking! I finally figured out my comment issues.... I have to change to Opera for a browser on my Mac. Safari only lets me comment on a few. Glad you have lots of hand work prepped for once the design wall is out of order!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I thought about Opera after I started having problems with Chrome, but then re-downloaded Chrome and it worked fine again. How do you like Opera? Can you post on wordpress blogs with it while still logged into blogger? That's the problem I'm having with both Firefox and Chrome.

      Delete
  3. Enjoy your hand work. It is nice to be productive even without a sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. And I love doing handwork while sitting in my comfy chair watching tv. I may get spoiled to it.

      Delete
  4. The wall hanging looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. EPP seems faster and easier every time I do it. This one was really easy too because it is so small.

      Delete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.