Saturday, December 8, 2018

Scrappy Saturday Stitches

I've been practicing stitching by feel. Since black is so hard for me to see, it seemed a good choice to practice on. I have trouble getting started, but once I have the first stitch in place, I can sew down a side pretty well. My paper pieces are made of cardstock and it's pretty easy to pinch the sides of the diamonds between thumb and forefinger and feel the edges and then stitch between my fingertips and then inch down the side as I stitch.

I'm not sure what I'll do with this star now, but I think I'll make it into a mini wall hanging. I've only got a couple of small scraps of the black and white fabric, so it can't get any bigger, at least with these colors.



Linking to:
Oh Scrap! at soscrappy
Show Off Saturday at Sew Can She

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful block. Sounds like you are getting the hang of the new technique. It would be a pretty wall hanging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm not a big fan of black, but I think it will ok in small amounts.

      Delete
  2. It's hard enough to sew black fabric on the machine. I can't imagine that it's any easier to deal with by hand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely harder by hand, at least for me. I'm losing my sight and the near sight is pretty bad, so I thought since I can't see the edges of fabric any more, I'd learn to sew by feel. So in that way, the black is great. lol But I definitely prefer sewing by machine as long as I can.

      Delete
  3. EPP is starting to be very relaxing for me. I haven't tried these shapes yet. I'll live and follow yours for now. They are so crisp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't like the diamonds at first because there is a bit of a lump in the middle where the point folds circle. But I've gotten used to fanning those out and now I like it better than hexies, or at least Grandmother's Flower Garden. I also love that they make such nice, crisp points.

      Delete
  4. neat block!
    thanks for linking up!

    brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.