Monday, December 17, 2018

Design Board Update

If you've noticed my sidebar, I've started my list of UFOs I want to work on each month of 2019. I had to revise the list a couple of times when I couldn't find a couple of the UFOs, but I think I've found all those currently listed. Some are so near completion that it won't take more than a week or two to finish, and some have so little work done on them that they will take a couple of months, so I broke their work down into smaller goals. I'd like to only work on UFOs next year, but I know that won't happen. Some new project will catch my eye, I hope, and I'll start it too. I'm just determined not to let any more become UFOs.

I have a couple of other small goals for 2019, but my biggest goal will be to have a clean space to sew, even if it does have to be in the attic. I'll probably spend a lot of time dreaming about a finished sewing space when and if we ever finish the attic. I'd also like to make that Sunbonnet Sue and Overall Sam quilt that my mother wanted.

Sewing Depression Blocks over and over makes my mind wander a bit and I think I've spent too much time dreaming while I sew. In the meantime, I've been working on my clamshell wallhanging which I've temporarily named Puppy and Fox. I need to find out if Puppy and Fox have real names. I didn't like the straight line of clamshells, so took them off and made staggered lines. Much better. I'm not sure what kind of eyes I am going to put on the fox, but it can be done later.



Linking to:
BOMs Away at Katie Mae Quilts
Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt
Moving it Forward at Em's Scrapbag

10 comments:

  1. I made a Clam Shells quilt. I absolutely love your Fox among the Clams!!!!

    I was thinking about all my UFOs too, vowing to not start any new quilts until I knock out a few finishes. My guild's quilt show is in June 2019 and I need to finish a few for the show. Unfortunately, I think I've already signed on for two new quilts. Can you believe it????? I wish you more determination than I apparently have. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I'm just more desperate. lol I hope I don't start any new quilts, but I'm not going to say I absolutely won't. Good luck with your show quilts. I can't wait to see those.

      Delete
  2. This quilt is going to be adorable! Love the fox peaking out from the other clam shells.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. My new little grandsons have favorite stuffed animals, a fox and a puppy. So I thought they might like this.

      Delete
  3. This is a good idea to see what UFO's I have that are almost complete. And then vow to finish them. I shall make such a list in January. Thanks for linking with Design Wall Mondays, I like to read your blog and see what you are working on. Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I pulled some of my UFOs out last night and was surprised (and disappointed in myself) that several are soooo close to being finished.

      Delete
  4. You've got a great list of UFOs for next year. I'm going taking the approach of working on each project till it's finished. I'm hoping that will mean more finishes next year. I love your Puppy and Fox project! Too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope the boys like it too. You never know about boys. I think finishing is going to be my approach too, but this year I'm not going to try to finish a different UFO every month. Some of them just need too much work, so I've divided them into workable portions.

      Delete
  5. I think your Fox needs little beady black eyes set quite close together! I'm sure your WIP organisation will work out well as you have made some thoughtful steps and goals. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I bought the cutest little beads the other day that will work for both Fox and Puppy. But I'm going to wait until it is quilted since they will hang up the machine.

      Delete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.